Sundays, Feb 18 through March 18, 5 p.m.to 7 p.m.
Do you find it challenging to have effective conversation with people whose opinions are very different from your own? Every Sunday in Lent, we're meeting to talk about how to get better at it. Here are the dates. Mark your calendar! Our first session is from 5-7 p.m. on Feb. 18 in Hunter Hall. This series is free and open to the public.
- 5 p.m. - Soup, Salad, Bread
- 5:30 p.m. - Facilitator Overview
- 6 p.m. - Q & A, Small Group Discussion
- 6:30 p.m. - Summary
- 6:45 p.m. - Compline
- Week 1 - Feb 18 -Jon Amores - Civil Discourse in Context
- Week 2 - Feb 25 - Larry Rowe - Tenets for Civil Discourse
- Week 3 - March 4 - Brooks McCabe - Values-Based Conversations
- Week 4 - March 11 -John Unger - The Complexities of Policy
- Week 5 - March 18 - Margaret Pomponio - Sacred Space